♥ Dreamer says...

" The key to beauty is always to be looking at someone who loves you, really. "

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy 18th Birthday Kenny !

He was the last one from our batch to turn 18 !

We had a mini dinner celebration at Look Out Point in Ampang Hill.
Birthday boy's pick of course.



The way up to the restaurant. It can be a romantic walk if you have your boyfriend with you, hand in hand, conquering each step.

But walking up in HEELS is a nightmare. But what to do, die die also want to look good.
Extra height. Extra sexiness.



Initially, we were to dine at Look Out Point restaurant but we couldn't get a good sit. Well, we did get a seat but we wanted the one nearer to the platform edge. We can get a better view of the breath taking city view.

Well, not exactly THAT breath taking because the sun didn't come out to play.
Basically, the clouds were hovering above and casting a grey shadow upon the city.

Sooooo...Mama Hanz suggested another place. From the way she describe it, I thought she was refering to the classy Italian restaurant next door.

But we were later led to this



Yes. They freaking converted the tower into a dining place.
There were tables and chairs on all four levels !

Imagine eating and facing the city lights when the sky falls into darkness.
Mad romantic can.

But looking at the area provided, it seems impossible to fit 9 people. So we opt for the table below.


I got my bangs cut :D



But in the end we got a place at the 4th platform because they allowed a reservation on our table. So we had to move up.

I have no complains because the view from top was even BETTER! minus the hike up the stairs.
I wouldn't have complained so much if I wore flip flops okay.





Sorry la. I don't have one of those super chio DSLR so I have to settle with my N79 camera.
So bear with the picture quality. Though pictures does not do justice.
I mean, its better in real.
Although I only saw blur coloured dots. I forgot to bring my glasses nor do I wear contact lens (scared to stick my finger into my eye ma)

Something funny happened. At one point, the power went out and we literally plunge into the darkness. Then we heard someone singing happy birthday downstairs.
So we thought that they purposely off the lights as part of the whole charade.

Later, Audrey, Li Anne and I went downstairs to get Kenny's present from the car and on the way back up, we thought, why not get him a birthday cake.
And since just now when the lights went out, he expressed his wish for something like that too.

While purchasing the cake, we asked the waitress if she could do the same thing they 'did' just now. Switch off the lights.
Then she laughed and explained that they didn't do it on purpose. They really had a short power failure just now.

paiseh!

But....overall it was quite fun.
Thanks for inviting me pussy...er..I mean, Kenny! lols

:]

oh and another birthday shout out to Huang JingHan !
Big 22!

3 days to go


samantha
 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr